Passport applications are accepted at the following Clerk locations:
- Orange County Courthouse: 425 North Orange Ave., Room 355
- Apopka branch: 1111 North Rock Springs Rd.
- Goldenrod branch: 684 S. Goldenrod Rd. - Pinar Plaza
- Ocoee branch: 475 Story Rd.
- Winter Park branch: 450 North Lakemont Ave.
Please sign in by 3:30 p.m. to allow adequate time to process your application.
Passport applications cannot be processed at our Sand Lake location.
You must apply in person and complete form DS-11 if any of the following is true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen
When applying for a passport, please provide the following:
Proof of citizenship
Proof of identity
- Certified copy of your birth certificate (must include parent’s full names)
- Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
(one of the following):
- Valid driver's license
- State identification card
Temporary IDs are not accepted as proof of identity.
- Recent color photo (background must be completely white)
- Front view - eyeglasses must be removed
- 2 inches X 2 inches
Effective November 1st, 2016, customers applying for or renewing their passport must remove eyeglasses for their passport photo.
Visit the U.S. State Department website for passport photo examples and requirements
The Clerk's Office can take photograph for a $10.00 fee.
You may apply for a passport card, which may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
If your name recently changed and your passport was issued less than 1 year ago, use form DS-5504.
If your name recently changed and your passport was issued more than 1 year ago, use form DS-82.
Passport renewals can be done by mail if you meet the following requirements:
- You possess a passport that is not more than 5 years past the expiration date, and
- You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued
If you qualify, complete form DS-82
and return to the address listed on the form. The Clerk’s Office does not need to process passport renewals.
Passport applications for minors (under age 16) use form DS-11 and provide the following:
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate
- Driver's license, if applicable
- Most recent passport, if applicable
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant
- The minor must appear in person
Both parents must appear together to sign the application form. If only one parent is appearing, the absent parent must submit a notarized Statement of Consent (form DS-3053
) and a photocopy of the front and back of his/her driver's license. The consent form cannot be more than three months old.
When applying for a passport for a newborn, the parents must provide proof that they have applied for a Social Security Number for the child in question.