Sealing & Expungement
Follow the steps below to request a case be sealed or expunged.
Visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) website to download the Expunge/Seal package.
Once you have obtained your Certificate of Eligibility from FDLE, visit the Florida Bar website to access the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure and review the necessary documents.
Within Rule 3.989, review examples of the:
- Petition to Seal or Expunge
- Order to Expunge or Seal (whichever applies)
File the following documents with the Clerk’s Office:
- Original petition
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Proposed Order to Expunge or Order to Seal
Send a copy of the documents in Step 3 to the prosecutor and arresting agency.
Be sure to keep a copy of all documents for your records.
The fee for sealing or expunging a record is $42.00, plus processing fees. An invoice will be provided once the order is received from the judge.
Forms of Payment
- Cash (in person only)
- Personal check, money order or cashier's check (payable to the Orange County Clerk of Courts)
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express (a $3.99 surcharge will apply)